Catersource, the world’s premier educational resource and expansive network for the catering and events industry announced its newest programming for the 2018 event including a Wine’d Up Mix & Mingle, Lunch & Learns, and more. In addition to these new offerings, Catersource will continue to host its award-winning tradeshow complete with a brand-new Tradeshow Happy Hour, cutting-edge education sessions, and the Art of Catering Food program, which provides several opportunities to make lasting connections. The Catersource conference will take place from February 18–20, 2018 at Caesars Palace and the Art of Catering Food (AOCF), will be collocated with Catersource from February 18–21, 2018. The educational experience will continue in conjunction with a vibrant tradeshow at the Las Vegas Convention Center from February 20–21, 2018. For additional information, click here.
“Each year, we strive to raise the bar and enhance the offerings at Catersource to provide our attendees with an unparalleled experience,” said Kathleen Stoehr, director of community and content strategy, Catersource, who curates all live education for both Catersource and the Art of Catering Food. “We are very excited about this year’s new programming features—both at Caesars Palace and the Las Vegas Convention Center—with enhanced education stages bringing the hospitality experience to life, providing networking opportunities and access to thought leaders. I guarantee that this level of information and connection cannot be found at any other industry event.”
New in 2018
- Wine’d Up Mix & Mingle (February 18): This is first opportunity at Catersource 2018 for all exhibitors and attendees to come together in one central location and celebrate National Drink Wine Day by mingling and enjoying wine pairings.
- Spark! Awards Gala & After Party (February 19): The Catersource ACE and ICA CATIE Awards celebration, which recognizes the best in catering and events, will be held on the second night of the conference. After the award ceremony concludes, attendees are encouraged to attend the after party for a night of celebration, networking, entertainment, dancing and dessert.
- Lunch & Learns (February 19): Attendees looking for inspiration will go behind the scenes with Joe Mineo’s “Take & Tweak” experience. During this lunch and learn, Joe will present several catering and event ideas that attendees can tweak to make them their own and implement in their kitchens. Additionally, the “Culinary Conversation” Lunch & Learn will offer a true networking and learning experience, with knowledge experts placed at tables throughout the event to keep dialogue and idea sharing vibrant.
- Diced Competition (February 20): With a basket of mystery ingredients, six innovative and skilled chef teams will be tasked with creating a specific dish in under 30 minutes. Each dish will be submitted to the judges for tasting, and one winner will be selected. This year, the culinary competition stage will have large overhead LED screens broadcasting the competition, and onlookers will have the ability to participate in tastings.
- Tradeshow Happy Hour (February 20): End the first day of the tradeshow with a beverage in hand, socializing with the Catersource team, attendees and exhibitors in the attendee lounge, as well as in select exhibitor booths.
- Beyond The Plate (February 21): Participants whose creativity is at the forefront will take food design to the next level in this exciting competition, and a panel of three judges will select the winner.
- Catersource Swizzle! (February 21): In this competition, caterers with an affinity for bartending will compete to see who can put together the best bar program. Attendees can take these creative recipes home and introduce them into their own cocktail programs.
The Art of Catering Food
The Art of Catering Food (February 18–21) will cover a wide range of culinary topics with round robins, where attendees will move between four rooms, learning about everything from Persian cuisine, to holding and transporting pasta, to high end wedding execution. The program will kick off with recent winner of “Chopped” on The Food Network and rising star, Heather Carr of Footers Catering. In her presentation, Chef Heather will address how to develop culinary interns into culinary superstars.
AOCF will feature Education Sessions, in conjunction with the ICA Culinary Council, which will discuss culinary techniques, fresh ingredients, food costings and how to make cuisine the focal point of events. These sessions were designed specifically with back of house operations in mind and will create opportunities for attendees to learn from each other and experts. Note: due to the popularity of this track, AOCF is sold out, though gallery seating is complimentary on a first come, first served basis.
To learn more about the Art of Catering Food, click here.
Top sponsors of Catersource 2018 include: Platinum Sponsors include: American Metalcraft, Inc. Cambro, Nowsta Inc., Sterno Products, US Foods, WNA; Gold Sponsors include: Front Of The House, Inc., Roland Foods, Sabert, Sparktacular, StaffMate Online, Total Party Planner; Silver Sponsors include: EMI Yoshi, Inc., TableCraft, Waring Commercial Products.