Thirty-one percent of diners said they would avoid eating at other locations of a chain restaurant if just one location was involved in a foodborne illness outbreak.
This is just one of the results found in the Diners Dish e-book from Steritech. Diners Dish includes exclusive insights from a survey tackling consumer preference and behavior in several key revenue-driving areas, including delivery, online reviews and social media, public health and cleanliness and foodborne illness.
- 60 percent of diners have ordered food for delivery in the last six months – and 30 percnet of those have experienced a problem with their order
- 75 percent of consumers sometimes or often use restaurant review sites to help select where they will dine
- 41 percent of those surveyed say a restaurant’s health department score factors into their decision on where to dine
- Sticky or dirty tables and chairs is the top pet peeve of diners
- 31 percent will stay away from an entire chain if just one location has a foodborne illness outbreak
More than two dozen other facts found in the Diners Dish e-book can help restaurants adjust their operational practices to better meet their customers’ preferences. To download the full E-book, click here.